May 7, 2012

Tea Time

Today, I took the day off of work to have tea with my little one.  Little Sis's preschool class held their annual mother's day tea this morning.  It was a lovey morning full of muffins, cookies and lemonade.  The best part, of course, is spending time with my daughter.



After the tea, we took off for Chick Fil A.  I really enjoyed having a meal with just one daughter for a change.  We shared french fries and enjoyed our favorites - chicken nuggets for her, spicy chicken for me.  She then went off into the play area, where she was the oldest for a change.  I was amazed at how brave she was, approaching the other kids, asking them to play with her.  A few months ago she would have never done that.  She's my shy one.  Big Sis is usually the one recruiting playmates and Little Sis stays in the background reaping her sister's hard work.

I really enjoyed having the day with my daughter.  I wish every day could be this way.  I hate missing out on breakfasts and bus stops and preschool drop off and pick up.  I miss the leisurely times in the backyard and random cuddle times in the middle of the day.  I never know how to cope with this.  In my normal day to day life, these things rarely happen.  It's rush rush rush.  I am determined to find a way to change this, before my girls get too big!

No comments:

Post a Comment