May 10, 2012

Fun Read

I stayed up way too late last night.  I'm actually really impressed that I got up and ran this morning because I never stay up as late as I did last night on a work night.  I know I should never stay up past 10:00, but I was hooked on a new book and just had to finish it.

The book?  Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella.



I especially enjoyed it because of the work place humor.  So many books that I read aren't like real life.  The characters never seem to work or have any real responsibilities.   These books are a great escape, but they aren't real life.  This book was different.  The main character actually went to work every day, all day.  And the author really did a good job poking fun at different office personalities.  I laughed out loud through the entire book!  I shouldn't have been surprised as I love all of Kinsella's books (she wrote the Shopaholic series). So, I'm glad I stayed up late and finished the book last night.  Otherwise, I would have been hiding in my office reading it all day today!!!

Have you read any good books lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment