May 23, 2012

Gifts for Teachers

This year I finally planned ahead and made gifts for the girls teachers.  I'm so excited as I'm usually scrambling at the last minute to pick up gift cards to put inside thank you cards.  Not this year!  Thanks to Thrive in the Kitchen, I found this cute idea that was affordable and easy to do.

So this isn't my own idea, but I'm so excited that I found this after an hour or so of searching pinterest and the web.  The gift is a water bottle filled with Crystal Light mixes and a Starbucks gift card.  The cute part is the printable that I found on the Thrive in the Kitchen website.  It says "It's so refreshing having a great teacher like you!"  Super cute and also so true - the girls have had wonderful teachers this year.

I attempted to get the water bottles from the Dollar Store, but while they looked cute, they were all scratched up and the lids didn't work.  So I spent a little extra money buying Rubbermaid bottles at the grocery store.  But overall, this entire project cost just under $100.  For 6 teachers, I'm not complaining.  Here's all of my supplies:

The most exciting part of all was that the girls think these gifts are so cool.  I'm happy that they have something they are proud of to hand to their teachers on their last day of class.

In addition to the gifts, the girls each wrote out thank you cards to their teachers.  I should have taken pictures, they were all so cute.  Lil' Sis wrote her full name out (not bad for a 4 year old!) and drew a picture of each teacher.  Big Sis wrote out lovely thank you's and for her dance teachers, drew a scene of a dance each teacher taught her.  Priceless!

Lil' Sis had her last day of preschool yesterday and tonight the girls will be going to their last dance class for the year.  I am so happy to not have to worry about what we are giving their teachers.  Instead, we can enjoy these last days with their awesome teachers.


This year, their teachers have been phenomenal. Really, I think every year we've been blessed with great teachers.  My girls have really grown up a lot this year.  Both are becoming more and more confident in what they do, and I am so thankful for their teachers as I know they had a big part in making this happen.


I cannot believe that Lil' Sis will be in Pre-K in the fall.  And Big Sis is almost a 3rd grader.  It really does still seem like just yesterday that Big Sis was the one in preschool and Lil' Sis was just a baby.  I'm so proud of how far they've come and am excited to see what amazing things they will be getting into this summer!

I'm linking up to Works for Me Wednesday.  Check it out for more great tips and tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment