May 28, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...I can see the hanging pots of begonias that we bought after church yesterday.  I'im excited to have some flowers brightening up our front yard.  The front of our house gets hardly any sun, so we have a hard time figuring out how to add color to it.  These begonias should help!

I am thinking...about my summer clothes shopping trip that I am taking today.  Cannot wait to find some new clothes to wear.

I am thankful...for an absolutely wonderful day yesterday.  The weather was (almost) perfect.  The cook-out with my parents was amazing. The time with my family was wonderful!

In the kitchen...ribs, corn on the cob and french fries yesterday.  One of my favorite summer meals.  Tonight we will have Hawaiian chicken, baked potatoes and more corn on the cob. Mmmmm.

I am wearing...my favorite summer jammies.

I am creating...nothing at the moment.  Maybe I'll pick up a fun craft to do with the kids today.

I am going... to the mall today.  Yay!

I am reading...Quitter by Jon Acuff.  Amazing book.  I borrowed it from the library, but I may actually purchase it now because there is just so much in the book that I need to highlight.  He says so many motivating things throughout the book.  Reading this is helping me learn how to pursue my dreams even though I feel like I have so many obstacles to overcome.

I am hoping...to find some cute summer clothes today.  I don't know what happened to my summer wardrobe but it is pretty much nonexistent right now.  I wear the same thing every day.  And at home it's not pretty as it is usually frumpy clothes I'd never wear in public.

I am looking forward to...another hot summery day.  

I am learning...how to successfully apply self-tanner, especially to my back.  Missed a huge section yesterday.  Thankfully I won't be exposing my back anytime soon, but I think I have to go to a pool party next week, so I will need to fix that!  I'm using L'Oreal Sublime Bronze and it seems to work pretty well.

Around the house...the plastic wading pool is open for business!  Our fridge and freezer are overflowing with summer goodies.  I need to do some chores today. 

I am pondering...why my cat has to throw up on the carpet when the kitchen tile is two feet away.

A favorite quote for today...When you stop doing things for fun, you might as well be dead. - Hemingway

One of my favorite things...Diet Coke.  I'm totally addicted.

A few plans for the rest of the week: a week of no extracurriculars for the kids.  I'm so excited!


A peek into my day...I hope my deck looks like this all summer.  I feel like we hardly sit out there.  But not  this year!  I want to make sure we enjoy every possible moment of beautiful weather this year.  Somehow, every day we will get outside and make good use of the backyard.


Join in on the fun at: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Corn on the cob---that's what I want today! Yum! About the feline preference for throwing up in the wrong spot at the wrong time, ours does it too. No explanation whatsoever. And Diet Coke is one of my all time favorites. (If I eat a candy bar and drink a Diet Coke, that cancels out the calories, right?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The corn on the cob was great! Hope you were able to enjoy some, too!

      Delete