June 8, 2012

No More Pencils, No More Books!


Yesterday was the last day of school for Big Sis!  Here she is enjoying a celebratory mint chocolate chip cone at the coolest new ice cream shop in town.  I'm so glad she chose this place over Dairy Queen (though there's nothing wrong with a Blizzard!).  I want to make more of an effort to shop local businesses and this was a good first start!


Lil Sis chose superman ice cream which matched her outfit!  I had strawberry and hubby had buckeye blitz. All were delish!

This week started off (last Sat.) with soccer.  Although it was unusually cold for June (54 degrees!), it was a beautiful day for soccer and didn't feel as cold as it really was.  Lil Sis had a great last day of soccer and is thinking that she'd like to do it again sometime.  I'm glad she had fun with it.  It's a nice change of pace from dance and gave her the chance to interact with more kids that she'll be going to school with in another year.

Soccer is held at the former grounds of Big Sis's last elementary school.  Here you see that the school is now completely gone.  They just knocked it down about a week ago.  We're all very sad.  We had some great memories at that school.  While her new elementary school is awesome we miss the smaller size of her old school.  Her new school has about 800 kids in K through 4th grade.  Her old school had maybe 300 kids between K and 5th grade.  BIG difference!  But the school district is saving a lot of money through the consolidation of the elementary schools, so it does make sense to have the kids all in one building.

I did a little daydreaming this weekend.  I love the South and want so badly to move there!  The next best thing is flipping through a Southern Living magazine in the sun with some lemonade.


While trying to relax, Lil Sis tortured me by climbing up the slide a million times.  I'm always afraid she's going to fall off and break her neck.  But somehow she makes it to the top safely every time!


On Monday, I had an unexpected treat.  I was able to stay at home because my mom (my babysitter) was sick.  I love being able to hang out with the girls at the bus stop in the mornings.  Here they are playing some sort of game.

And of course the scooters come out every morning!

This week was the start of tumbling for Big Sis and Gymnastics for Lil Sis.

And a busy week for Hubby with graduation, a sports banquet and a student recognition dinner.

But now that school's out, we are all looking forward to a fun, relaxing summer...

a summer in which we will follow the inspiration on the June calendar in our kitchen, I hope!

Have a great week!  And check out InstaFriday over at Life Rearranged for more fun pictures from the past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment